Nasal polyps are abnormal (non-cancerous) growths in the linings of the nose or the sinuses. These can cause blockage in the nose, recurrent allergies and infections, and general discomfort. While the condition isn’t always fatal, it can be dangerous if the polyps grow beyond a certain size. For the natural treatment for nasal polyps, you can try the following solutions.
- Cayenne pepper: Cayenne pepper is a moderately spicy chili that is widely used in different regions in the world. This wonderful ingredient is also an herbal supplement to help people get relief from sinuses, allergies, and certain symptoms of nasal polyps. You can include 1-2 teaspoons of the pepper every day in your food to get positive results. Some people also drink cayenne pepper tea.
- Saltwater spray: Saline spray is one of the options for the natural treatment for nasal polyps. You can make your own spray by adding distilled water and salt in a bottle and using this in the nostrils multiple times a day to get rid of symptoms like a blocked nose, irritation, and infection.
- Apple cider vinegar steam: Another natural treatment for nasal polyps is steam inhalation. Instead of plain steam, add 10ml of apple cider vinegar in hot water and inhale this steam. This will kill all signs of infections from the nose and sinuses and also brings down inflammation in the nasal cavity.
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil is an excellent antibacterial and antiviral essential oil. This helps bring the inflammation down in the body. Using tea tree oil topically will help bring down all the signs and symptoms of nasal polyps. All you have to do is mix one part of the oil with 10 parts of carrier oil and use a cotton swab to dab the oil in the nasal passage. Be gentle while doing this. You can also use tea tree oil when you inhale the steam.
- Butterbur supplement: Butterbur is a shrub with large leaves that has been used for centuries together to treat cold, cough, flu, asthma, and other respiratory diseases. There are many kinds of butterbur supplements available. This is a natural treatment for nasal polyps and does not cause any kind of side effects. Talk to your doctor and try out this solution.
- Turmeric milk: Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory root and this plays a great role in the prevention and treatment of nasal polyps. Turmeric is more effective when you use it with milk. Warm-up some milk and add a teaspoon of fresh organic turmeric powder to it. Drink this every day and the signs of nasal polyps will slowly reduce.
Make sure to talk to your doctor in advance before trying out any natural treatment for nasal polyps. Do not alter your medications yourself, and try these natural solutions along with your doctor’s treatment suggestions. All these natural treatment options are safe and side-effect free.